There are hundreds of recipes for chocolate fudge, most requiring a candy thermometer and a good bit of finesse to achieve that rich, creamy-smooth texture, but this recipe from Carnation Evaporated Milk does not. All you do is simply boil, turn off the heat, stir, chill, and cut!
- 2/3 cup evaporated milk
- 1 1/2 cups granulated sugar
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 2 cups miniature marshmallows
- 1 1/2 cups semisweet chocolate chips
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
1. Combine evaporated milk, sugar, butter, and salt in a medium, heavy-bottomed saucepan. Place over medium heat and bring to a full boil while stirring constantly. Cook, stirring for 5 minutes. Remove from heat.
2. Stir in chocolate chips, mini marshmallows, and vanilla. Keep stirring until chocolate and marshmallows are melted. Pour into a plastic wrap or foil-lined 8-inch baking pan. Chill for 2 hours, or until firm.
Cut into 36 squares and serve.
Recipe Notes and Tips
• For nutty fudge, stir in 1/2 cup chopped almonds, pecans or walnuts when the chocolate is melted. Chill as directed.
|Nutritional Guidelines (per serving)|