|Nutritional Guidelines (per serving)|
|Servings: 36 servings|
|Amount per serving|
|% Daily Value*|
|Total Fat 3g||3%|
|Saturated Fat 2g||8%|
|Total Carbohydrate 13g||5%|
|Dietary Fiber 0g||2%|
|*The % Daily Value (DV) tells you how much a nutrient in a food serving contributes to a daily diet. 2,000 calories a day is used for general nutrition advice.|
There are hundreds of recipes for chocolate fudge, most requiring a candy thermometer and a good bit of finesse to achieve that rich, creamy-smooth texture, but this recipe from Carnation Evaporated Milk does not. All you do is simply boil, turn off the heat, stir, chill, and cut!
- 2/3 cup evaporated milk
- 1 1/2 cups granulated sugar
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 2 cups miniature marshmallows
- 1 1/2 cups semisweet chocolate chips
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- Gather the ingredients.
- Combine evaporated milk, sugar, butter, and salt in a medium, heavy-bottomed saucepan. Place over medium heat and bring to a full boil while stirring constantly. Cook, stirring for 5 minutes. Remove from heat.
- Stir in chocolate chips, mini marshmallows, and vanilla. Keep stirring until chocolate and marshmallows are melted. Pour into a plastic wrap or foil-lined 8-inch baking pan. Chill for 2 hours, or until firm. Cut into 36 squares and serve.
• For nutty fudge, stir in 1/2 cup chopped almonds, pecans or walnuts when the chocolate is melted. Chill as directed.