Want to try some delicious, authentic hot cakes? This is a simple recipe that can be expanded if necessary. Try adding frozen blueberries to the mixture, dried cranberries, or chocolate chips to the batter. These griddle cakes can be made using your grill, camp stove, or conventional stove.
- 1 cup flour
- 1/2 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon baking powder
- 1 cup milk
- 1 to 2 tablespoons butter (melted)
- Sift flour, salt, and baking powder together.
- Mix milk and baking soda together.
- Combine together and mix until smooth.
- Pour in melted butter.
- Pour 1/8 of the batter onto hot griddle for each griddle cake.
- Flip when they brown on the bottom and start to bubble on the top.
- Remove as soon as they are done and serve.
|Nutritional Guidelines (per serving)|
|Total Fat||4 g|
|Saturated Fat||2 g|
|Unsaturated Fat||2 g|
|Dietary Fiber||1 g|