|Nutritional Guidelines (per serving)|
|Servings: 1 3/4 cups (14 servings)|
|Amount per serving|
|% Daily Value*|
|Total Fat 1g||1%|
|Saturated Fat 0g||1%|
|Total Carbohydrate 8g||3%|
|Dietary Fiber 1g||3%|
|*The % Daily Value (DV) tells you how much a nutrient in a food serving contributes to a daily diet. 2,000 calories a day is used for general nutrition advice.|
In years past, half of the great recipes started by cooking bacon. This mustard based barbecue sauce is loaded with flavor and is perfect for so many things. It provides a strong mustard flavor, with a touch of heat, and enough sweet to make it stand out. This is a perfect sauce for pulled pork, but also great on burgers.
- 2 slices bacon
- 1 onion, finely chopped
- 3/4 cup (180 mL) prepared yellow mustard
- 1/4 cup (60 mL) honey
- 3 tablespoons (45 mL) ketchup
- 2 tablespoons (30 mL) cider vinegar
- 1/2 teaspoon (2.5 mL) chili powder
- 1/2 teaspoon (2.5 mL) ground cumin
1. Cook bacon in a medium skillet until nearly crisp.
2. Remove bacon and chop finely.
3. Add onions to skillet and cook until soft and opaque. Add chopped bacon and remaining ingredients. Simmer over a low heat, stirring occasionally until well combined.