This delicious, creamy macaroni salad is livened up by the addition of olive tapenade and arugula leaves. Perfect for any cookout, brunch, or simple family dinner.
- 1 16 oz/450 g package of penne pasta
- 1 cup/240 mL arugula leaves
- 1/2 cup/120 mL plain yogurt
- 1/3 cup/80 mL olive tapenade (add more if preferred)
- 1/4 cup/60 mL mayonnaise
- 1 tablespoon/15 mL salt (for boiling)
- 1 teaspoon/5 mL fresh thyme leaves (chopped)
- 1/2 teaspoon/2.5 mL salt
- 1/2 teaspoon/2.5 mL onion powder
- 1/4 teaspoon/2.5 mL garlic powder
- 1/4 teaspoon/1.25 mL black pepper
Bring a large pot of water to boil. Add 1 tablespoon/15 mL salt and penne pasta. Cook according to directions. Drain and set aside. Combine yogurt, tapenade, mayonnaise, chopped thyme leaves, 1/2 teaspoon/2.5 mL salt, onion powder, garlic powder, and black pepper in a large bowl. Add cooked pasta. Gently mix together, cover the bowl with plastic wrap and place in the refrigerator for 2 hours. Right before serving, add arugula leaves and transfer to serving bowl.
Serve with your favorite grilled meats and vegetables.