It takes just minutes to prepare the dish. Pop it in the oven and you'll have a full dinner in an hour and 15 minutes. It's an excellent dish for a busy day.
- 4 boneless chicken breast halves (skin removed)
- 1 can (10 1/2 ounces) condensed cream of mushroom soup
- 1 soup can half-and-half or milk
- 1 can (4 ounces) mushroom pieces (with liquid)
- 3/4 cup uncooked long-grain white rice
- 1/4 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1 envelope dry onion soup mix (divided)
- 1/2 teaspoon dried thyme
- Heat the oven to 350 F.
- Combine the cream of mushroom soup with half-and-half. Reserve 1/2 cup of the mixture in a separate bowl and set aside for later.
- Mix remaining soup mixture with the rice, garlic powder and half of the dry onion soup mix (about 1/4 cup). Mix well and pour into a baking dish.
- Place chicken breasts on rice mixture. Combine reserved 1/2 cup of soup mixture with the mushrooms and their liquid. Pour over chicken breasts. Sprinkle with remaining dry onion soup mix, thyme, and Parmesan cheese.
- Cover tightly with foil and bake in the preheated oven for 1 hour.
- Remove the foil and continue baking for 15 to 20 minutes longer, or until chicken is tender and the liquid has been absorbed.
|Nutritional Guidelines (per serving)|
|Total Fat||106 g|
|Saturated Fat||42 g|
|Unsaturated Fat||37 g|
|Dietary Fiber||1 g|