Everyone will enjoy this simple, yet flavorful dessert that doesn't require turning on the oven, or even having more than one egg in your refrigerator. If you have a few baking supplies and a crockpot, you can have this Simple One Egg Butter Cake.
- 1/4 cup butter, softened
- 1/2 cup sugar
- 1 egg
- 1 cup flour
- 1-1/2 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 cup milk
- 1/2 teaspoon vanilla extract or butter flavoring
- Cream butter and sugar until fluffy. Add egg and mix well.
- Combine flour, baking powder and salt.
- Add dry ingredients, milk and vanilla to butter mixture. Beat until blended.
- Put batter into greased and floured 1-pound coffee can or 4-quart insert.
- Set in cooker and cover with 2 paper towels.
- With cover slightly ajar, cook on high 2 hours or until done. Let stand on cake rack for 10 minutes. Remove from insert and finish cooling on rack.
|Nutritional Guidelines (per serving)|
|Total Fat||12 g|
|Saturated Fat||6 g|
|Unsaturated Fat||4 g|
|Dietary Fiber||1 g|