|Nutritional Guidelines (per serving)|
|Servings: 20 Puffs (8 to 10 Servings)|
|Amount per serving|
|% Daily Value*|
|Total Fat 9g||11%|
|Saturated Fat 4g||20%|
|Total Carbohydrate 14g||5%|
|Dietary Fiber 1g||5%|
|*The % Daily Value (DV) tells you how much a nutrient in a food serving contributes to a daily diet. 2,000 calories a day is used for general nutrition advice.|
Tired of the same old potato side dish? Try these simple mashed potato puffs flavored with Cheddar cheese, chives, and Parmesan. They are quite easy to make and not as heavy as most potato sides. If you are feeling adventurous, try adding some real or imitation soy bacon bits for extra pizzazz.
- 4 medium russet potatoes (peeled and diced)
- 1/2 cup warm milk
- 1/2 teaspoon onion powder
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1 large egg (lightly beaten)
- 1/2 teaspoon baking powder
- 2 teaspoons all-purpose flour
- 1/2 cup fine-shredded Cheddar cheese
- 2 tablespoons fresh snipped chives
- 1/4 cup (about) grated Parmesan cheese (not the canned stuff)
Boil potatoes in salted water until fork tender. Drain thoroughly and return to the pot. Add milk, onion powder, and salt. Mash until no lumps remain. Whisk together flour and baking powder. Add to the mashed potatoes, along with the beaten egg, and whisk until combined. Fold in Cheddar cheese and chives.
Preheat oven to 350 F. Line a baking sheet with non-stick foil.
Spoon or pipe rounds (about 2 inches in diameter) onto prepared pan. Sprinkle with Parmesan cheese. Bake about 20 minutes until puffed and golden. Let cool for 5 minutes before serving.
- Blender Method: Place cooked potatoes into the pitcher of a heavy-duty. Add milk, onion powder, salt, egg, and baking powder. Pulse until smooth and combined. Transfer to a bowl and fold in Cheddar cheese and chives. Proceed as above to bake. Blender method tested with Ninja Kitchen System 1200.