- 5 large onions, chopped
- 1/2 cup canola oil
- 4 eggs
- 3/4 cup water
- 1 1/2 cups flour
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 3 tablespoons onion soup mix
- black pepper to taste
- 1 can mushrooms, drained (optional)
1. Preheat oven to 400°F (200°C). Spray a 9x13 baking pan with non-stick cooking spray.
2. Chop onions. Heat 1/4 cup oil in a large frying pan. Saute onions until transparent. Set aside to cool.
3. In a large bowl, mix the rest of the oil with eggs and water. Add cooled sauteed onions.
4. In a small bowl, mix flour with baking powder. Stir into the onion-egg mixture.
5. Spice with onion soup mix and pepper.
Add mushrooms, if desired.
6. Spoon mixture into the greased pan. Bake, uncovered, at 400°F (200°C) for 45-60 minutes, or until golden on top. Baking times depends on the size of the pan used (smaller pans with thicker kugels require more baking time).
Serving Suggestions: Serve warm as a side dish.
|Nutritional Guidelines (per serving)|
|Total Fat||14 g|
|Saturated Fat||2 g|
|Unsaturated Fat||8 g|
|Dietary Fiber||1 g|