- 5 large onions, chopped
- 1/2 cup canola oil
- 4 eggs
- 3/4 cup water
- 1 1/2 cups flour
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 3 tablespoons onion soup mix
- black pepper to taste
- 1 can mushrooms, drained (optional)
- Preheat oven to 400°F (200°C).
- Spray a 9x13 baking pan with non-stick cooking spray.
- Chop onions.
- Heat 1/4 cup oil in a large frying pan.
- Saute onions until transparent. Set aside to cool.
- In a large bowl, mix the rest of the oil with eggs and water.
- Add cooled sauteed onions.
- In a small bowl, mix flour with baking powder. Stir into the onion-egg mixture.
- Spice with onion soup mix and pepper.
- Add mushrooms, if desired.
- Spoon mixture into the greased pan.
- Bake, uncovered, at 400°F (200°C) for 45-60 minutes, or until golden on top. Baking times depends on the size of the pan used (smaller pans with thicker kugels require more baking time).
Serving Suggestions: Serve warm as a side dish.
|Nutritional Guidelines (per serving)|