This is a flavorful citrus based marinade which can be used on chicken, pork, and beef. Remember to let the marinade cool considerably before using it on raw meat.
- 1/3 cup/80 mL orange marmalade
- 6 green onions (finely chopped)
- 1/3 cup/80 mL white wine
- 1 tablespoon/15 mL olive oil
- 1 tablespoon/15 mL cider vinegar
- 1 tablespoon/15 mL water
- 1 teaspoon/5 mL Worcestershire sauce
- 1/2 teaspoon/2.5 mL soy sauce
- 1/4 teaspoon/1.75 mL salt
- 1/4 teaspoon/1.75 mL black pepper
1. Heat olive oil in a medium saucepan. Add green onions (white parts only). Cook over medium heat for 2 minutes until they appear soft and shiny. Reduce heat to medium low and add marmalade, water, and white wine. Simmer for 1-2 minutes, stirring often until marmalade has melted through. Add remaining ingredients and simmer for 4 more minutes. Remove marinade from heat, stir in green parts of green onions and let mixture cool for 20 minutes before using.
If sauce is too thick, add a little extra water to mixture.
2. To use, simply pour onto meat, vegetable, or meat substitute of choice. Marinate red meats for 4-8 hours, chicken for 2-4 hours, fish, seafood, vegetables, and meat substitutes for 30 minutes.
3. Marinade can also be used as a baste if preferred. Skip the marinating portion and use on grilled items halfway through cook time.
|Nutritional Guidelines (per serving)|