Fresh orange juice and shredded coconut flavor these easy drop cookies. Use part orange juice concentrate mixed with water if you don't have fresh oranges. I used butter in the recipe pictured. If you use shortening the cookies won't spread as much.
- 2 1/2 cups all-purpose flour, about 12 ounces
- 1/2 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 3/4 cup shortening or butter
- 1 cup sugar
- 2 eggs, beaten
- 3/4 cup (6 ounces) strained fresh orange juice, or use 1/2 cup orange juice concentrate with 1/4 cup water
- 1 tablespoon fresh grated orange zest (if using fresh oranges)
- 1 cup flaked coconut
- Combine flour, soda, and salt; set aside.
- In another bowl, cream butter until light and lemon-colored; gradually add sugar, beating well after each addition. Slowly add beaten eggs to creamed mixture. Alternately add dry ingredients and juice to creamed mixture, beating until smooth after each addition.
- Fold in the coconut.
- Drop by teaspoon onto ungreased cookie sheets. Bake at 400° for 10 to 12 minutes.
More Orange Cookie Recipes
|Nutritional Guidelines (per serving)|
|Total Fat||10 g|
|Saturated Fat||4 g|
|Unsaturated Fat||4 g|
|Dietary Fiber||1 g|