This coffee cake is made with orange juice and topped with orange zest and cinnamon. The recipe's buttery, citrusy, cinnamony goodness will have you bookmarking this one for future reference after just one taste.
- 2 cups flour (all-purpose, 9 ounces)
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1 tablespoon baking powder
- 1/3 cup sugar
- 1 to 2 teaspoons orange zest (grated)
- 1/4 cup shortening
- 1/4 cup milk
- 1/2 cup orange juice
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 1 egg (beaten)
- 1/2 cup sugar
- 1 to 2 tablespoons orange zest (finely grated)
- 1 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1 tablespoon butter
1. Grease and flour a 9-inch square baking pan. Heat the oven to 400 F.
2. Combine the flour, salt, baking powder, and 1/3 cup of sugar; add 1 to 2 teaspoons of orange zest. Cut in shortening until mixture resembles coarse crumbs.
3. In another bowl whisk together the milk, orange juice, egg, and vanilla; add all at once then stir just until dry ingredients are moistened.
4. Spread the batter in the prepared baking pan.
1. In a bowl, combine the 1/2 cup sugar, 1 to 2 tablespoons of orange zest, 1 teaspoon cinnamon, and the butter.
2. Work with a fork or fingers until crumbly.
3. Sprinkle the topping crumb mixture over the batter.
4. Bake 30 minutes. Serve orange coffee cake warm.
You Might Also Like
Blueberry Sweet Potato Bread Recipe
|Nutritional Guidelines (per serving)|
|Total Fat||13 g|
|Saturated Fat||5 g|
|Unsaturated Fat||6 g|
|Dietary Fiber||3 g|