This delicious zucchini bread is flavored with orange zest and cinnamon along with dried cranberries and optional chopped nuts. Sour cream adds to the richness of this zucchini bread.
The recipe makes two small loaves. Wrap the second loaf and freeze it for up to four months.
- 3 cups flour (all-purpose)
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 2 teaspoons cinnamon
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 2/3 cups granulated sugar
- 1/2 cup canola oil
- 3 large eggs
- 2 teaspoons orange extract
- 2/3 cup sour cream
- 1 tablespoon finely grated orange zest
- 2 cups shredded zucchini
- 1 cup dried cranberries or craisins
- 3/4 cup chopped nuts, optional
Heat oven to 325 F. Grease and flour two 8 1/2 x 4 1/2 x 3-inch loaf pans.
Combine the flour, baking powder, soda, cinnamon, and salt; set aside.
In a large mixing bowl, beat or whisk together the sugar, oil, eggs, and orange extract.
Stir in the dry ingredients and the sour cream until well blended. Fold in the orange zest, zucchini, cranberries, and optional chopped nuts. Spoon into the two loaf pans, dividing equally.
Bake for 55 to 65 minutes, or until a wooden pick or cake tester comes out clean when inserted in center.
Makes 2 loaves of zucchini bread.
- To freeze, wrap a loaf in plastic wrap and then foil. Place it in a zip-close freezer bag and freeze for up to 4 months. Or freeze individual slices.
- If you have lots of zucchini, shred it with a food processor and freeze it in 2-cup portions for zucchini bread or cake any time of the year.
You Might Also Like
|Nutritional Guidelines (per serving)|
|Total Fat||9 g|
|Saturated Fat||2 g|
|Unsaturated Fat||5 g|
|Dietary Fiber||1 g|