Orange juice helps to flavor this delicious date bread. Feel free to add 1/2 cup of chopped walnuts or pecans to the bread along with the date mixture.
Freeze individual slices for another day or make an extra loaf for the freezer.
- 8 ounces chopped pitted dates
- 1 cup orange juice
- 2 cups all-purpose flour
- 3 teaspoons baking powder
- 3/4 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 3/4 cup granulated sugar
- 2 large eggs, beaten
- 4 tablespoons melted butter
- Grease and flour a 9x5x3-inch loaf pan. Heat oven to 350°.
- In a saucepan, bring orange juice to a simmer. Remove from heat and stir in dates. Let stand until cooled, about 25 minutes.
- In a large bowl, combine the flour, baking powder, cinnamon, salt, and sugar; stir to blend. Beat the eggs and add to the cooled date mixture along with the melted butter.
- Pour the date mixture into the dry mixture and stir until blended. Spoon into the prepared baking pan. Bake for 40 to 50 minutes, or until browned and a toothpick inserted in the center comes out clean.
|Nutritional Guidelines (per serving)|
|Total Fat||7 g|
|Saturated Fat||3 g|
|Unsaturated Fat||2 g|
|Dietary Fiber||2 g|