This flavorful turkey breast is compact and delicious, perfect for a small family. Or, roast this turkey breast for the great sandwiches and leftovers you'll have for a few days.
The orange glaze can also be used on a split turkey breast or whole chicken. Feel free to sprinkle some fresh chopped rosemary or chopped sage over the turkey as you baste it with the orange glaze.
- 1 turkey breast (bone-in, about 5 to 7 pounds)
- 2 to 3 tbsp. vegetable oil
- 1 tsp. salt
- 1 tsp. pepper
- For the Orange Glaze:
- 2 cloves garlic (minced)
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 6 ounces orange juice concentrate (about 3/4 cup)
- 2 tablespoons sweet orange marmalade
- 2 tablespoons brown sugar
- 1 tablespoon soy sauce
- 1 teaspoon ginger (ground, or 2 tablespoons fresh minced ginger)
- Heat oven to 325 F.
- Rub turkey breast lightly with vegetable oil. Sprinkle with salt and pepper. Place the turkey on a rack in a roasting pan.
- Roast for about 2 to 3 1/4 hours, depending on the size of the turkey breast (stuffed will take longer). The cooking time guide should be on the turkey breast packaging. A meat thermometer will reach 170 F when the turkey is done. If necessary, tent with a piece of buttered or oiled foil during the last hour.
- Meanwhile, make the glaze. Combine the glaze ingredients in a saucepan over medium heat. Bring to a boil, stirring frequently.
- Baste the turkey breast with the orange glaze a few times during the last 20 minutes of cooking time. Let turkey stand for 10 minutes before carving.
|Nutritional Guidelines (per serving)|
|Total Fat||20 g|
|Saturated Fat||4 g|
|Unsaturated Fat||7 g|
|Dietary Fiber||1 g|