The vinegar in the marinade tenderizes the pork chops, while the other ingredients offer and sweet yet savory flavor to these grilled pork chops.
- 4 thick cut pork chops
- 1/2 onion, chopped into strips
- 1/2 cup/120 mL fresh squeezed orange juice
- 1 cup/120 mL barbecue sauce
- 1/4 cup/60 mL cider vinegar
- 2 tablespoon/30 mL soy sauce
- 1 1/2 teaspoons/7.25 mL salt
- 1 teaspoon/5 mL fresh rosemary, chopped
- 1 teaspoon/2.5 mL dried sage
- 1-2 large cloves garlic, crushed
- 1/2 teaspoon/2.5 mL black pepper
Mix together soy sauce, vinegar, orange juice, sage, salt, black pepper garlic, onion, rosemary,and barbecue sauce in mixing bowl. Place chops in a large resealable plastic bag, pour in marinade, and seal. Place in refrigerator for 6 to 8 hours, or overnight.
Preheat grill for high heat. Remove pork chops from bag, reserving marinade, and set on a large plate or cutting board. Pour marinade into a small saucepan.
Bring contents to a boil, reduce heat to medium-low and let simmer for 4-5 minutes. Remove from heat and let cool.
Lightly oil preheated grill. Transfer chops to grill and cook for 12-14 minutes, turning a few times. Brush marinade over chops toward the last 5-6 of cooking. Once chops have reached an internal temperature of 145 degrees F and above, remove from heat, let rest for 5 minutes and serve with your favorite sides.
|Nutritional Guidelines (per serving)|
|Total Fat||25 g|
|Saturated Fat||8 g|
|Unsaturated Fat||10 g|
|Dietary Fiber||2 g|