The vinegar in the marinade tenderizes the pork chops, while the other ingredients offer and sweet yet savory flavor to these grilled pork chops.
- 4 thick cut pork chops
- 1/2 onion (chopped into strips)
- 1/2 cup/120 mL fresh squeezed orange juice
- 1 cup/120 mL barbecue sauce
- 1/4 cup/60 mL cider vinegar
- 2 tablespoon/30 mL soy sauce
- 1 1/2 teaspoons/7.25 mL salt
- 1 teaspoon/5 mL fresh rosemary (chopped)
- 1 teaspoon/2.5 mL dried sage
- 1 to 2 large cloves garlic (crushed)
- 1/2 teaspoon/2.5 mL black pepper
- Mix together soy sauce, vinegar, orange juice, sage, salt, black pepper garlic, onion, rosemary, and barbecue sauce in mixing bowl.
- Place chops in a large resealable plastic bag, pour in marinade and seal.
- Place in refrigerator for 6 to 8 hours, or overnight.
- Preheat grill for high heat.
- Remove pork chops from bag, reserving marinade, and set on a large plate or cutting board.
- Pour marinade into a small saucepan.
- Bring contents to a boil, reduce heat to medium-low and let simmer for 4 to 5 minutes.
- Remove from heat and let cool.
- Lightly oil preheated grill.
- Transfer chops to grill and cook for 12 to 14 minutes, turning a few times.
- Brush marinade over chops toward the last 5 to 6 of cooking.
- Once chops have reached an internal temperature of 145 F and above, remove from heat, let rest for 5 minutes and serve with your favorite sides.
|Nutritional Guidelines (per serving)|
|Total Fat||25 g|
|Saturated Fat||8 g|
|Unsaturated Fat||10 g|
|Dietary Fiber||2 g|