Adding a bit of citrus to this recipe really brightens the flavor of the prime rib. Adjust the ingredients based on the size of the roast. This recipe is intended for a four-bone prime rib.
- 4 tablespoons orange zest (or the amount from 2 oranges)
- 2 tablespoons/30 mL olive oil
- 4 cloves of garlic (minced)
- 1 tablespoon/15 mL salt
- 1 tablespoon/15 mL fresh thyme leaves
- 1 tablespoon/15 mL fresh marjoram (chopped)
- 2 teaspoons/10 mL black pepper (coarse ground)
1. Combine ingredients in a small bowl and apply to roast. Let stand at room temperature for 30 minutes.
2. Cook as directed. Mixture will last for 3 days stored in an airtight container in refrigerator. Double or triple recipe based on the size of roast.
|Nutritional Guidelines (per serving)|
|Total Fat||4 g|
|Saturated Fat||1 g|
|Unsaturated Fat||2 g|
|Dietary Fiber||1 g|