|Nutritional Guidelines (per serving)|
|Servings: 2 cups (2 servings)|
|Amount per serving|
|% Daily Value*|
|Total Fat 15g||20%|
|Saturated Fat 5g||24%|
|Total Carbohydrate 67g||24%|
|Dietary Fiber 4g||13%|
|*The % Daily Value (DV) tells you how much a nutrient in a food serving contributes to a daily diet. 2,000 calories a day is used for general nutrition advice.|
Orange pastry cream is heavenly tucked into a chocolate crepe with fresh berries.
- 1 ¼ cups whole milk
- 1 teaspoon orange zest
- 3 egg yolks
- ¼ cup granulated sugar
- 1 tablespoon all-purpose flour
- 2 tablespoons plus 2 teaspoons cornstarch
- 1/2 teaspoon pure vanilla extract
- 2 teaspoons Grand Marnier (or 1/2 teaspoon orange extract)
- Gather the ingredients.
- In a small saucepan, warm the milk and orange zest over low heat until it is just hot enough to steam. While the milk is warming, whisk together the egg yolks, sugar, flour, and cornstarch until the mixture is completely smooth.
- Once the milk is steaming, add half of it, whisking constantly, to the egg mixture. Add the milk and eggs back into the hot milk, continue stirring, and heat it for 1-2 minutes, until the custard reaches 170 F on a digital thermometer and is very thick. Remove from the heat, stir in the vanilla extract and Grand Marnier(or extract), and chill before filling pastry.
- This orange pastry cream recipe makes approximately 2 cups flavored cream.