This orange flavored rice is good with chicken, pork, or ham. It goes well with fish and seafood as well. Add some steamed peas or peas and carrots to the rice just before it's done.
Baked Curry Rice With Peas
- 3 tablespoons butter
- 1/2 cup diced celery with leaves
- 2 tablespoons chopped onion
- 1 1/4 cups water
- 1 cup orange juice
- 2 tablespoons finely grated orange zest
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1/8 dried leaf thyme, or to taste
- 1 cup uncooked long-grain rice
- Melt butter in heavy saucepan over medium heat; add celery and onion. Cook until onion is tender but not brown.
- Add the water, orange juice, orange zest, salt, and thyme. Bring to a boil; slowly stir in rice.
- Cover and reduce heat to low; simmer for 25 minutes, or until the rice is tender.
You Might Also Like
|Nutritional Guidelines (per serving)|
|Total Fat||9 g|
|Saturated Fat||6 g|
|Unsaturated Fat||3 g|
|Dietary Fiber||2 g|