Thee easy orange shortbread cookies are made with flour, brown sugar, orange peel, and butter. If you want to add a little excitement to the cookies, drizzle them with chocolate glaze.
- 4 cups flour (stir or sift before measuring)
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1 cup sugar (light brown, firmly packed)
- 1 tablespoon orange peel (finely grated)
- 2 cups butter
- Mix flour, salt, sugar, and orange peel. Cut in butter until mixture is crumbly. With your hands, work the dough until it holds together; refrigerate for 30 minutes.
- Heat the oven to 350 F.
- Roll the dough 1/2-inch thick between sheets of wax paper; cut out with floured cutters.
- Place on ungreased cookie sheets and bake in the preheated oven for 20 minutes.
- Drizzle shortbread with chocolate glaze or icing, if desired.
You Might Also Like
|Nutritional Guidelines (per serving)|
|Total Fat||13 g|
|Saturated Fat||8 g|
|Unsaturated Fat||4 g|
|Dietary Fiber||0 g|