If you want to add a nice, fruity kick to your cookies, try this orange slice cookie bar recipe. In it, the cookie sheet is made with brown sugar, orange candy slices, pecans, and butter. Your cookies just got a little bit sweeter (not that they needed to be sweeter, but we promise they're delicious)!
- 1 pound brown sugar
- 2/3 cup melted butter
- 2 3/4 cups all-purpose flour
- 3 eggs
- 2 1/2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1 1/2 teaspoons vanilla
- 1 cup pecans
- 1 pound orange candy slices
- Cut orange slices into small pieces.
- Pour melted butter over brown sugar and beat.
- Add eggs, one at a time, beating after each addition.
- Sift flour, salt, and baking powder together.
- Add dry ingredients a little at a time.
- Add vanilla, pecans and chopped orange slices.
- Spread in a [greased and floured] 9 x 13-inch pan.
- Bake at 350 F for about 25 to 35 minutes. Cool and cut into squares. Remove from pan.
You Might Also Like:
|Nutritional Guidelines (per serving)|
|Total Fat||10 g|
|Saturated Fat||4 g|
|Unsaturated Fat||4 g|
|Dietary Fiber||1 g|