- 3/4 cup water (95 to 110 F)
- 2 1/4 teaspoon/1 package active dry yeast
- 1/2 cup orange juice (room temperature)
- 2 tablespoon brown sugar
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 2 tablespoon butter (or margarine, soft)
- 2 tablespoons orange zest (1 medium orange)
- 3 cups all-purpose flour
- In a large bowl, mix warm water and yeast. Add orange juice, brown sugar, salt, butter, and orange zest. Stir. Add 2-1/2 cups of flour and mix well. Add in enough remaining flour to make a dough that follows the spoon around the bowl. Turn dough out onto the lightly floured surface and knead for 10 minutes, adding more flour as needed until the dough is firm and smooth to the touch. Place dough in a medium greased bowl. Turn dough over in a bowl so that the top is also lightly greased. Cover with clean cloth and let rise in warm, draft-free place for 1 hour.
- Punch down dough. Turn dough out onto a lightly floured board and knead for 5 minutes or until the bubbles are out of the bread. Shape dough into a loaf. Place in greased, 8 x 4-inch bread pan. Cover and let rise in warm, draft-free place for 45 minutes or until doubled in size.
- Bake bread at 350 F for 40 minutes or until bread top is golden brown and the bread sounds hollow when the top is tapped. Remove bread from pan and let cool on a rack.
|Nutritional Guidelines (per serving)|
|Total Fat||3 g|
|Saturated Fat||1 g|
|Unsaturated Fat||1 g|
|Dietary Fiber||1 g|
(The nutrition information on our recipes is calculated using an ingredient database and should be considered an estimate. Individual results may vary.)