This recipe for Oreo Truffles is fast, simple, and delicious! You only need 3 ingredients to make these intensely chocolatey treats. Try them with regular Oreos or any of the special flavored varieties. Kids can help roll the balls and dip the candies, and they’ll like the familiar taste of Oreos in cookie form.
- 1 pound package Oreo cookies
- 8 ounces cream cheese (softened)
- 8 ounces chocolate candy coating (or chopped chocolate)
- Prepare a baking sheet by lining it with parchment paper or waxed paper.
- Set aside 6 Oreo cookies, and finely crush the rest of the cookies using a food processor, or by placing them in a plastic bag and crushing them with a rolling pin.
- If you're using a food processor, add the cream cheese in large chunks and pulse a few times to until the candy consistency is that of dough. If you don’t have a food processor, stir together the softened cream cheese and crumbs until the candy is well-mixed and feels like cookie dough.
- Place the candy in the refrigerator to firm up for about 1 hour.
- Using a teaspoon or candy scoop, form 1-inch balls and roll between your hands until they are round. Place the candies on the prepared baking sheet. Refrigerate them while you prepare the chocolate coating and cookie topping.
- Place the chocolate in a microwave-safe bowl and microwave until melted, stirring after every 30 seconds to prevent overheating. Allow the chocolate to cool until it is no longer hot but is still warm and fluid.
- Coarsely chop the reserved cookies to use for decorating.
- Using a fork or dipping tools, dip a truffle into the melted coating. Let the excess drip back into the bowl, then place it back on the baking sheet. While the coating is still wet, sprinkle the top with a few chopped cookies. Repeat with the remaining truffles, until they are all dipped and decorated.
- Refrigerate the tray for about 10 minutes to set the coating. Oreo Truffles can be stored in an airtight container in the refrigerator for up to a week.
|Nutritional Guidelines (per serving)|
|Total Fat||11 g|
|Saturated Fat||5 g|
|Unsaturated Fat||4 g|
|Dietary Fiber||2 g|