- 1 4 to 5 pound/1.8 to 2.3 kg beef brisket (trimmed)
- 1/2 cup/120 mL brown sugar (packed)
- 1 tablespoons/15 mL Worcestershire Sauce
- 2 cloves garlic (minced)
- 1 tablespoons/15 mL mild chili powder
- 1 tablespoon/15 mL ground black pepper
- 1 tablespoon/15 mL yellow mustard
- 1 1/2 teaspoons/ 7.5 mL sea salt (or kosher salt)
- 1 teaspoon/5 mL paprika
- 1 teaspoon/5 mL cumin
- Place brisket onto a large cutting board. Combine remaining ingredients in a small bowl. Rub mixture over the surface of the brisket, making sure to get every square inch of the meat. Wrap tightly with plastic wrap and refrigerate for 8 to 12 hours.
- Preheat oven to 300 F/150 C.
- Gently remove brisket from plastic wrap and rewrap in aluminum foil. Do not wrap too tightly. Make sure to give it some room for steam.
- Place brisket in a roasting pan on a roasting rack and poke a couple of holes in the foil on the top. This will help to release some steam as it cooks.
- Cook brisket for 4 1/2 to 5 hours. Using heat resistant gloves, remove foil and let meat rest for 5 to 10 minutes before carving. Serve with your favorite side sauce.
|Nutritional Guidelines (per serving)|
|Total Fat||30 g|
|Saturated Fat||12 g|
|Unsaturated Fat||14 g|
|Dietary Fiber||1 g|