This is a tender and delicious oven barbecued beef brisket, delicious with a potato salad and sliced vegetables.
Serve leftover brisket on toasted split buns.
- 1 beef brisket roast, trimmed, about 3 to 3 1/2 pounds
- 2 tablespoons grill seasoning, mesquite flavored or similar
- 1 teaspoon smoked paprika, optional
- 1/4 teaspoon ground black pepper
- 1 tablespoon packed light brown sugar
- 1 cupbarbecue sauce
- 1/2 cup water
Line a baking dish or roasting pan with foil. Heat oven to 325°.
Trim excess fat from the brisket.
Combine the grill seasoning, chili powder, paprika, and pepper; rub all over the brisket.
Place the brisket in the prepared baking dish and sprinkle the brown sugar over the top.
Cover the dish tightly with foil and bake for 2 1/2 hours.
Slice the brisket thinly and return to the baking dish.
Combine the barbecue sauce and water and pour over the slices. Cover and continue baking for 1 hour longer, or until very tender.
You Might Also Like