|Nutritional Guidelines (per serving)|
|Servings: 4 Servings|
|Amount per serving|
|% Daily Value*|
|Total Fat 147g||189%|
|Saturated Fat 40g||200%|
|Total Carbohydrate 40g||14%|
|Dietary Fiber 1g||4%|
|*The % Daily Value (DV) tells you how much a nutrient in a food serving contributes to a daily diet. 2,000 calories a day is used for general nutrition advice.|
Tasty chicken thighs are baked with a homemade barbecue sauce for a delicious, everyday family meal. Grill seasoning flavors the chicken thighs, then they're seared and baked to perfection with a homemade barbecue sauce. If you need a shortcut, replace the barbecue sauce ingredients with about 1 1/2 cups of your favorite commercial barbecue sauce.
Use boneless or bone-in chicken thighs in the recipe, preferably without the skin. If you use skin-on thighs, brown the skin well before baking.
Gather the ingredients.
Heat oven to 350 F (180 C/Gas 4).
Sprinkle the chicken thighs generously with the grill seasoning.
Heat the olive oil in a large, oven-safe skillet over medium-high heat and sear the chicken thighs on both sides until browned.
If the skillet is not oven-safe, transfer the chicken thighs to a foil-lined baking pan or baking dish. If you left the skin on, cook it until the skin is golden brown and crisp.
Combine the remaining ingredients in a small bowl.
Spoon over the chicken thighs.
Cover the skillet or baking dish tightly with foil and bake for 50 to 60 minutes, or until chicken is tender.
Serve with your favorite barbecue sides like coleslaw, macaroni and cheese, and okra and enjoy!
Quick Spicy Chicken Seasoning
- Combine 1 teaspoon of ground paprika with 1 teaspoon of ground cumin, 1/2 teaspoon of garlic powder, 1/4 teaspoon of salt, 1/8 teaspoon freshly ground pepper, and a pinch of ground cayenne pepper.
- For some smoky flavor, add about 1/2 to 1 teaspoon of liquid smoke or a smoky mesquite seasoning.
- Replace the ketchup, brown sugar, mustard, vinegar, and Worcestershire sauce with your favorite barbecue sauce. Add the garlic, if desired, and sweeten with some honey, agave nectar, or brown sugar, if you'd like.
- Add a sliced onion to the skillet along with the chicken thighs.
- For a beverage, iced tea is an excellent choice, or serve beer for the adults. A fruity white zinfandel or rose would go well with the sweet sauce.
- Potato salad or baked potatoes, grilled or steamed vegetables, and coleslaw are good side dishes to consider. Baked beans and roasted vegetables go well with barbecued meat and poultry as well.