Thick pork loin chops are baked with a spicy homemade barbecue sauce. The chops are marinated for about 4 hours, so start the dish early in the day.
The tangy, slightly sweet sauce is seasoned with Worcestershire sauce, garlic, and onions. Add more or less hot pepper sauce or cayenne to suit your taste.
These pork chops make a fabulous meal with baked, mashed, or roasted potatoes. Add a tossed salad or steamed vegetables. Green beans would be wonderful with the saucy chops or serve them with broccoli or peas.
- In a saucepan mix first 10 ingredients and place over medium-high heat. Bring mixture to a boil; reduce heat, cover, and simmer for 20 minutes, stirring occasionally.
- Pour the sauce over pork chops in a large, deep bowl; cover and refrigerate for at least 4 hours.
- Heat the oven to 350° F (180° C/Gas 4) .
- Arrange the pork chops in a single layer in a large shallow baking dish or roasting pan. Pour sauce over chops.
- Bake, uncovered, for 1 to 1 1/2 hours, or until chops are tender, basting occasionally.
- "I have to admit at first I chose this recipe over others simply because I had all the ingredients that the recipe called for. I was really glad I made this. My whole family loved it. My daughter who usually doesn't care for pork chops had 2 of them & told me they were delicious. The chops came out tender & juicy. I would highly recommend this recipe!" — I.L.
- "My family loved this recipe! I did add a little more brown sugar than it calls for though because we have a sweet tooth. Does a great job on lamb chops too!" — Aussie
A Few Secrets to Tender, Juicy Chops
- Don't Overcook Sear the outside of the chops quickly and then cook gently over low heat or in the oven. The USDA recommends a minimum safe temperature of 145 F. Look for a temperature of about 155 F for pork chops that aren't overdone or underdone. The length of time is dependent on the thickness of the chops.
- Bone-In Chops for Flavor Boneless chops are fine, but pork chops on the bone are more flavorful.
You Might Also Like
|Nutritional Guidelines (per serving)|
|Total Fat||24 g|
|Saturated Fat||8 g|
|Unsaturated Fat||9 g|
|Dietary Fiber||1 g|