Mild, flaky haddock is a favorite in my family, and this is an excellent way to cook the fish. Cod or pollock may be used as well. Adjust the cooking time for very thin fillets.
- 3/4 cup milk
- 2 teaspoons salt
- 2 to 3 haddock fillets
- 3/4 cup bread crumbs (plain, fine)
- 1/4 cup Parmesan cheese (grated)
- 1/4 teaspoon thyme (dried leaf)
- 1/4 cup butter (melted)
- Dash paprika
- Garnish: parsley sprigs
- Garnish: lemon wedges
- Preheat oven to 500 F.
- Place oven rack near the top of the oven.
- Put milk in a shallow bowl; stir in salt.
- In another shallow bowl, combine bread crumbs, Parmesan cheese, and dried thyme.
- Dip fish pieces in milk, then in bread crumb mixture.
- Arrange the haddock fillets on a well greased baking dish; drizzle evenly with the butter.
- Bake haddock on the top rack for 10 to 15 minutes.
- Fish should flake easily with a fork.
- Sprinkle lightly with paprika and garnish with parsley and lemon.
You Might Also Like
|Nutritional Guidelines (per serving)|
|Total Fat||15 g|
|Saturated Fat||9 g|
|Unsaturated Fat||4 g|
|Dietary Fiber||1 g|