Hot pepper jelly adds subtle flavor and heat to these oven fried chicken thighs. Seasoned stuffing mix makes a tasty, crispy coating on the chicken. The recipe calls for chicken thighs (pictured), but budget-friendly whole chicken legs are an excellent option as well.
The chicken thighs make a fabulous meal, perfect for a busy day. There's no pre-browning required. Just coat the chicken and bake!
Baked Ranch Chicken Thighs
- 3/4 cup (8 ounces) hot pepper jelly
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 1 teaspoon Dijon or a similar gourmet mustard
- Dash freshly ground black pepper
- 10 to 12 chicken thighs
- 2 cups seasoned stuffing mix (finely crushed or ground in food processor)
- Heat oven to 350 F. Lightly grease a large baking sheet or spray with nonstick cooking spray.
- Combine the jelly, butter, mustard, and pepper in a saucepan and heat until melted. Set aside to cool.
- Wash the chicken thighs and remove excess skin. If desired, remove all skin. Pat dry.
- Coat the chicken thighs with the cooled jelly mixture, then dip in the crushed crumbs. Arrange on the prepared baking sheet.
- Bake for 50 to 60 minutes, or until the thighs register about 165 F on an instant-read thermometer inserted into a meaty part of the thigh.
|Nutritional Guidelines (per serving)|
|Total Fat||91 g|
|Saturated Fat||26 g|
|Unsaturated Fat||36 g|
|Dietary Fiber||1 g|