Oven fried zucchini is a delicious way to enjoy a bumper crop of zucchini, and this zucchini dish goes well with everything from chicken to fish to burgers. The breadcrumb and Parmesan cheese coating adds extra flavor and makes the dish easy to cook.
- 4 medium zucchini
- 2 tablespoons olive oil, divided
- 1 large egg
- 1/2 cup Panko bread crumbs or regular bread crumbs
- 1/2 cup grated Parmesan cheese
- 1/2 teaspoon kosher salt
- 1/2 teaspoon dried basil
- 1/2 teaspoon freshly-ground black pepper
- Preheat oven to 425 F.
- Wash, trim and slice zucchini into 1/2-inch-thick rounds.
- Drizzle one tablespoon of the olive oil over a baking sheet to evenly coat. Set aside.
- Beat egg in a small bowl.
- Spread bread crumbs out in a shallow dish. Stir Parmesan cheese, salt, basil, and pepper into breadcrumbs.
- Dip 5 to 6 zucchini slices into the beaten egg. Transfer to the breadcrumb mixture, pressing on both sides to coat. Shake off excess and place on prepared baking sheet.
- Repeat with remaining zucchini slices.
- Drizzle remaining tablespoon of olive oil over the zucchini.
- Bake in preheated oven 8 minutes. Using tongs, turn zucchini so the other side gets crispy. Bake another 5 to 7 minutes until golden brown.
Per serving (based on 6): 127 calories, 7 g fat (2 g saturated fat), 5 g cholesterol, 13 g carbohydrate, 2 g fiber, 6 g protein, 7% vitamin A, 38% vitamin C, 12% calcium, 6% iron
|Nutritional Guidelines (per serving)|
|Total Fat||8 g|
|Saturated Fat||2 g|
|Unsaturated Fat||4 g|
|Dietary Fiber||1 g|