- 4 chicken breast halves, bone-in
- spicy chicken seasoning blend or a seasoned salt blend and ground black pepper
- 1 cup red pepper jelly
- 1 tablespoon butter
- 2 teaspoons Dijon mustard
- dash ground black pepper
- Heat oven to 425 F.
- Line a baking pan with nonstick foil.
- Trim excess skin and fat from the chicken breasts. Pat dry and sprinkle with the seasoning blend or salt and pepper. Arrange the chicken, rib side down, in the baking pan. Bake for 20 minutes.
- Meanwhile, combine the jelly, butter, mustard, and pepper in a saucepan and heat until hot and well blended.
- Brush the chicken breasts with about half of the jelly mixture and return to the oven. Bake for another 10 minutes, or until chicken reaches about 165 F. Brush with the remaining jelly mixture a few minutes before it's done.
|Nutritional Guidelines (per serving)|
|Total Fat||74 g|
|Saturated Fat||22 g|
|Unsaturated Fat||29 g|
|Dietary Fiber||8 g|