The bread is soaked, arranged on the baking sheet, then refrigerated overnight. This is an excellent breakfast to prepare for overnight guests.
- 1/4 cup butter (room temperature)
- 12 slices French bread slices (about 3/4- inch thick)
- 6 eggs
- 1 1/2 cups milk
- 4 tablespoons sugar (granulated)
- 2 tablespoons maple syrup (or golden cane syrup)
- 1 1/2 teaspoons vanilla
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- Optional: powdered sugar, optional
- Garnish: maple syrup or other syrup, for serving
- Spread the 1/4 cup of butter over the bottom of large, shallow-rimmed pan, such as a jelly roll pan.
- Arrange bread slices over the butter.
- In a large bowl, beat eggs, milk, sugar, maple syrup, vanilla and salt until well blended. Pour mixture over bread. Turn bread slices to coat thoroughly.
- Cover pan with plastic wrap and refrigerate overnight.
- Preheat oven to 400°.
- Bake for 10 minutes. Turn bread over and continue baking until just golden brown, about 5 to 8 minutes longer.
- Transfer the cooked French toast to serving platter or individual plates.
- If desired, sprinkle with powdered sugar.
- Serve immediately with syrup.
You Might Also Like
|Nutritional Guidelines (per serving)|
|Total Fat||15 g|
|Saturated Fat||8 g|
|Unsaturated Fat||5 g|
|Dietary Fiber||1 g|