This traditional barbecue sauce of Western Kentucky Mutton Barbecue isn't like most barbecue sauces you've tried. While you can use it to baste meat, you'll also want to serve it as a dipping sauce.
- 4 cups water
- 1/3 cup Worcestershire sauce
- 1/3 cup vinegar
- 1 tablespoon black pepper
- 1 tablespoon brown sugar
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice
- 1 tablespoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon allspice
- 1/2 teaspoon onion salt
- 1/2 teaspoon garlic
- Mix all ingredients together in a large saucepan over low heat.
- Simmer for about 20 minutes, stirring often.
- Remove from heat and let cool for five minutes.
Serve on the table as a dipping sauce. You can also use this sauce to baste smoked lamb. Store sauce in an airtight container in the refrigerator for seven days after preparation.
|Nutritional Guidelines (per serving)|