These oyster fritters are made with a thick batter and lots of chopped oysters. They make a great snack or appetizer with tartar sauce or cocktail sauce.
- 4 cups vegetable oil
- 2 eggs (slightly beaten)
- 1 cup milk
- 2 cups flour, 10 ounces (dip and sweep)
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1 1/2 cups oysters (drained and chopped)
- Heat about 1 to 2 inches of oil in a deep heavy skillet to about 365 F.
- Whisk the eggs and milk together in a small bowl.
- Combine the flour, baking powder, and salt in another bowl and blend well. Add the egg and milk mixture and blend with a spoon until smooth.
- Stir the chopped oysters into the batter and drop by spoonful into the hot fat. A cookie scoop works well to keep them small and round.
- Cook in batches, turning to brown both sides. Drain on paper towels.
You Might Also Like
|Nutritional Guidelines (per serving)|
|Total Fat||159 g|
|Saturated Fat||14 g|
|Unsaturated Fat||111 g|
|Dietary Fiber||3 g|