Oysters have long been considered an aphrodisiac, so what better to serve as a simple and playful appetizer for a romantic meal for two? Even if you aren't a believer in the power of food to stimulate desire, oysters are an especially lavish appetizer for any seafood lover, and these oyster shooters with vodka make for a fun start to a meal. Enjoy them with cocktails, other delicious appetizers, or on their own.
- Assemble your ingredients. How many oysters you need will depend on how many shooters you plan to make. Just note that you'll need a shot glass for each.
- Add the oyster to the glass and top with the sauce and vodka.
Tips and Variations
- If you don't have enough shot glasses to prepare several servings, try setting up the ingredients so that you and your guest can make your own shooters, reusing their shot glass with each serving. If making ahead of time, try garnishing with a fresh lemon wedge and serving on ice.
- Want a little extra kick? Try adding more horseradish to your cocktail sauce or even adding a dash of your favorite hot sauce.
- Want less kick? Try substituting the cocktail sauce for tomato juice.