Tasty oysters casino, made with oysters, bacon, and green onion, along with seasonings.
- 3 dozen oysters, freshly shucked, drained
- 18 half shells
- 3 slices bacon
- 4 green onions, with green, finely chopped
- 1/4 cup green bell pepper, finely chopped
- 1/4 cup celery, finely chopped
- 1 teaspoon lemon juice
- 1 teaspoon Worcestershire sauce
- 2 to 3 drops Tabasco sauce
- Place two oysters on the deepest half of an oyster shell. Repeat until all oysters are used (about 18 shells).
- Arrange shells on a layer of rock salt in a large baking pan. You might have to use 2 pans to fit all shells.
- In a skillet cook the bacon until crisp, remove to paper towels to drain then crumble.
- To the bacon drippings in skillet add the green onion, bell pepper, and celery; cook until just tender. Stir in lemon juice, Worcestershire sauce and Tabasco.
- Spoon onion mixture on the oysters in the shells then sprinkle with the crumbled bacon.
- Bake at 400° for 10 minutes.
You Might Also Like
|Nutritional Guidelines (per serving)|
|Total Fat||3 g|
|Saturated Fat||1 g|
|Unsaturated Fat||1 g|
|Dietary Fiber||3 g|