|Nutritional Guidelines (per serving)|
|Servings: 2 to 4 Servings|
|Amount per serving|
|% Daily Value*|
|Total Fat 4g||5%|
|Saturated Fat 2g||8%|
|Total Carbohydrate 33g||12%|
|Dietary Fiber 5g||18%|
|*The % Daily Value (DV) tells you how much a nutrient in a food serving contributes to a daily diet. 2,000 calories a day is used for general nutrition advice.|
- 2 tbsps vegetable/canola/sunflower cooking oil
- 1 bunch spinach (approximately 1/2 lb or 250 g), washed and chopped fine
- 2" piece of ginger, grated
- 2 green chilies chopped very fine (optional)
- 1 cup fresh, thick unsweetened yogurt—whisked till smooth
- salt to taste
- 1 tsp cumin seeds
- 5 cloves garlic chopped very fine
- 1 dry red chili broken into small pieces
Heat the cooking oil in a pan on medium heat. Add the spinach, ginger, and green chilies to it and cook till the spinach is soft. Remove from fire and allow to cool.
Put the spinach mixture into a mixing bowl. Add the yogurt and salt to taste. Stir to blend all ingredients well. Keep aside for now.
Heat the remaining cooking oil in a small pan and when hot, add the cumin seeds, chopped garlic, and dry red chili pieces. Fry till spluttering stops and the spices are slightly darker.
When this happens, remove from heat and pour evenly over the yogurt spinach mixture. Sir to blend and serve.