Pan Roasted Peppers is a super easy side dish recipe that brings out the natural sweetness in bell peppers. Use any combination of colors you like! Bell peppers are a wonderful vegetable (technically a fruit, but sold as a veggie) that are high in fiber and vitamin C.
You can find many different colors of bell peppers in the market today; from orange to purple and from yellow to white. Choose the ones that look best for this simple and nutritious recipe. And always buy peppers that are firm, with no bruises or soft spots, and smooth skin.
To prepare peppers, cut them in half and pull the two halves apart. Remove the seeds and most of the membranes, along with the top stem. Rinse the peppers well and cut into strips or chop.
- 1 red bell pepper, cut into strips
- 1 green bell pepper, cut into strips
- 1 orange bell pepper, cut into strips
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 2 tablespoons water
- 1/2 teaspoon dried Italian seasoning
- Salt and pepper to taste
- Prepare the peppers and set aside.
- In a large skillet, heat the olive oil over medium heat. Add all of the peppers all at once.
- Sauté the peppers, stirring and turning frequently, until the pepper skins start to blister and turn brown in spots. Add the water, Italian seasoning, salt, and pepper. Cover the pan and cook for 1 minute so the peppers steam.
- Uncover the pan, stir the peppers for 1 minute longer, then serve immediately.
|Nutritional Guidelines (per serving)|
|Total Fat||5 g|
|Saturated Fat||1 g|
|Unsaturated Fat||3 g|
|Dietary Fiber||2 g|