This creamy, delicious pasta salad makes a great addition to any cookout of potluck gathering. If you are not a fan of pancetta, feel free to use bacon instead.
- 16 ounces/450 g fusilli pasta
- 1 1/3 cup/320 mL of ranch or buttermilk ranch dressing
- 1 cup/240 mL baby spinach, washed and dried
- 6 slices of thin sliced pancetta, cooked and crumbled
- 1/2 cup/120 mL sharp cheddar cheese
- 1 2.25 ounce/65 g can of sliced black olives
- 1 teaspoon/5 mL sea salt
- 1/2 teaspoon/2.5 mL coarse ground black pepper
- 1/4 teaspoon/1.25 mL onion powder
- 1/4 teaspoon/1.25 mL nutmeg
Cook pasta according to instructions, drain and let cool.
Cook, drain, and crumble pancetta.
In a large bowl combine ranch dressing with salt, black pepper, onion powder, and nutmeg.
Add cooked noodles, half of the olives, half of the pancetta, cheese, and spinach.
Using a large spoon, gently fold into dressing.
Pour pasta salad into serving dish and top with remaining olives and pancetta.
Place into refrigerator for at least 2 hours before serving. If making ahead of time, prepare according to instructions and store in refrigerator up to 24 hours in advance.