Potstickers are one of the most popular types of Chinese dumplings. This recipe includes a dipping sauce and instructions on making the dough.
Yields about 48 potstickers.
Scroll to the bottom of the recipe directions for more potstickers recipes.
- Dumpling Dough:
- 2 cups all purpose flour
- 1 cup boiling water
- 8 ounces celery cabbage (Napa cabbage)
- 3 tsp salt, divided
- 1 pound lean ground pork
- 1/4 cup finely chopped green onions, with tops
- 1 TB white wine
- 1 tsp cornstarch
- 1 tsp sesame oil
- Dash white pepper
- Dipping Sauce:
- 1/4 cup soy sauce
- 1 tsp sesame oil
- 2 - 4 tablespoons vegetable oil
1. Cut the cabbage across into thin strips. Mix with 2 teaspoons salt and set aside for 5 minutes. Squeeze out the excess moisture.
2. In a large bowl, mix the celery cabbage, pork, green onions, wine, cornstarch, the remaining 1 teaspoon salt, 1 teaspoon sesame oil, and the white pepper.
3. In a bowl, mix the flour and 1 cup boiling water until a soft dough forms. Knead the dough on a lightly floured surface about 5 minutes, or until smooth.
4. Divide the dough in half. Shape each half into a roll 12 inches long and cut each roll into 1/2-inch slices.
5. Roll 1 slice of dough into a 3-inch circle and place 1 tablespoon pork mixture in the center of the circle. Lift up the edges of the circle and pinch 5 pleats up to create a pouch to encase the mixture. Pinch the top together. Repeat with the remaining slices of dough and filling.
6. Heat a wok or nonstick skillet until very hot. Add 1 tablespoon vegetable oil, tilting the wok to coat the sides. If using a nonstick skillet, add 1/2 tablespoon vegetable oil. Place 12 dumplings in a single layer in the wok and fry 2 minutes, or until the bottoms are golden brown.
7. Add 1/2 cup water. Cover and cook 6 to 7 minutes, or until the water is absorbed. Repeat with the remaining dumplings.
8. To make a dipping sauce, in a small bowl, mix the soy sauce with 1 teaspoon sesame oil. Serve with the dumplings.
Reprinted with permission from Everyday Chinese Cooking: Quick and Delicious Recipes from the Leann Chin Restaurants.
More Potstickers Recipes
Pork and Vegetable Dumplings - from Farina Kingsley
Potstickers With Prawn and Cilantro
Gyoza - Japanese Potstickers
Another Potstickers Dipping Sauce Recipe
Ginger Dipping Sauce - this easy to make dip also goes very nices with potstickers.
|Nutritional Guidelines (per serving)|
|Total Fat||14 g|
|Saturated Fat||3 g|
|Unsaturated Fat||8 g|
|Dietary Fiber||1 g|