Recipe for fried chicken made with parmesan cheese and cracker meal. This recipe only takes a half-hour but results in delicious, warm country-fried chicken.
- 1 frying chicken (cut in pieces)
- 1/2 cup flour (all-purpose)
- 1/2 cup cracker meal
- 1/2 cup grated Parmesan cheese
- 1 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1 1/2 teaspoons salt
- 1 teaspoon cayenne pepper
- 4 to 5 cups oil for frying
- Rinse chicken pieces and pat dry.
- In a large paper or plastic bag, combine flour, meal, Parmesan cheese, garlic powder, salt and cayenne pepper; shake well.
- Pour oil into a large heavy skillet to a depth of 1 1/2 to 2 inches.
- Heat oil over medium heat until a drop of water sizzles when dropped in.
- Shake 2 or 3 pieces of chicken in the bag at a time; place in the hot oil. You can either fry in batches or use 2 skillets.
- Fry until browned on all sides, or about 20 to 25 minutes.
- Remove chicken to a paper towel-lined platter to drain; keep warm while frying remaining batches.
|Nutritional Guidelines (per serving)|
|Total Fat||24 g|
|Saturated Fat||7 g|
|Unsaturated Fat||10 g|
|Dietary Fiber||2 g|