|Nutritional Guidelines (per serving)|
These flavorful stuffed mushrooms are easy to prepare and bake. They're made with whole mushrooms, a few green onions, Parmesan cheese, breadcrumbs, and seasoning. Just saute some of the filling ingredients, mix with the remaining filling ingredients, stuff the caps, and bake for 15 minutes.
These Parmesan cheese stuffed mushrooms make a tasty appetizer for a ball game, a party, or just about any holiday gathering.
- 16 ounces medium mushrooms (about 20 mushrooms)
- 4 green onions (tops included, finely chopped)
- 1 small clove garlic (crushed and finely chopped)
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1/2 cup dry plain breadcrumbs
- 1/4 cup grated Parmesan cheese
- 1/2 teaspoon Italian herb blend (or dried leaf basil)
- 2 tablespoons parsley (fresh and chopped)
- 1/2 teaspoon seasoned salt
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
Wash the mushrooms and remove stems. Chop the stems finely and set aside.
Heat oven to 350 F.
Grease a baking dish large enough to hold the mushroom caps in a single layer.
In a skillet over medium heat, melt the butter with the olive oil. Add the chopped stems and cook, stirring, for 3 minutes. Add green onions and garlic and continue cooking, stirring for 2 minutes longer.
Combine the stem mixture with the bread crumbs, cheese, Italian herbs or basil, parsley, salt, and pepper.
Fill the mushroom caps with the stuffing mixture and arrange in the prepared baking dish. Bake for 15 minutes.