When you want a crispy, crunchy garnish for a highly-seasoned soup, salad, or stew, you don't want a bunch of competing flavors. These simple Parmesan crisps are perfect in that case – long, thin, crunchy croutons, flavored only with olive oil and real Parmigiano-Reggiano (real Parmesan) cheese. Make a lot…they are very addictive.
- Preheat oven to 350 F.
- Place the baguette on a cutting board and holding the knife at about a 45-degree angle, cut the bread into 1/4-inch slices. The more of an angle you turn the knife, the longer your Parmesan crisps will be. For shorter ones, use less than a 45-degree angle.
- Arrange the slices on a baking sheet, and lightly brush both sides with olive oil. Bake for 12 minutes.
- Remove and sprinkle with the Parmesan cheese.
- Return to oven and bake for 5 minutes.
- Remove, turn over each slice and sprinkle with more cheese.
- Return to oven, and bake for another 10 minutes, or until the bread is crispy and golden brown.
- Let cool before serving.
|Nutritional Guidelines (per serving)|
|Total Fat||9 g|
|Saturated Fat||2 g|
|Unsaturated Fat||4 g|
|Dietary Fiber||1 g|