|Nutrition Facts (per serving)|
|Amount per serving|
|% Daily Value*|
|Total Fat 0g||0%|
|Saturated Fat 0g||0%|
|Total Carbohydrate 17g||6%|
|Dietary Fiber 2g||7%|
|Total Sugars 9g|
|Vitamin C 38mg||191%|
|*The % Daily Value (DV) tells you how much a nutrient in a food serving contributes to a daily diet. 2,000 calories a day is used for general nutrition advice.|
The passion cocktail can best be described as a tequila cosmo. Similar to the cosmopolitan, this pretty pink martini recipe uses a mix of cranberry, lime, and orange liqueur. In this case, Grand Marnier is recommended instead of Cointreau, though either pair nicely with tequila.
This tequila drink is a wonderful companion for dinner. That's especially true if your meal features Mexican cuisine because the sweet fruits will offset any spiciness in the food. Plus, the recipe is best when split into two cocktails for sharing, making it a great option for date nights or for occasions like Valentine's Day.
Gather the ingredients.
Garnish each glass with a slice of lime. Serve and enjoy.
- The original recipe calls for a gold tequila, but feel free to stray from that recommendation because there are so many great tequilas to choose from. A blanco tequila is always a good choice. For a slightly darker flavor profile, try a reposado tequila.
- Fresh lime juice is going to produce a better tasting cocktail. On average, a large lime should yield around 1 ounce, which is perfect for this recipe.
- If you like, you could pour a single large cocktail. However, it shakes up to around 6 ounces, which is very tall for a martini-style drink (they average 3 ounces). A great alternative is to serve it in a highball glass over ice so you can enjoy it more slowly. Mason jar glasses would be fun, too.
- Add more Grand Marnier (or another orange liqueur) if you like. The splash is just a recommendation, though some drinkers pour as much as 1 ounce per drink.
- Just like in the cosmopolitan, adjust the cranberry juice to your personal taste. Some drinkers will prefer a sweet fruit flavor and add a little more, while others may like it best with less, creating a drink on the drier side.
- If you pour less cranberry juice, make up the difference with tequila. This recipe could easily be enjoyed with 3 ounces of tequila, giving each glass a full shot.
- Another great option is to switch to white cranberry juice. It's not quite as sweet as the typical red juice and the color of the cocktail will change, but it will produce a nicely balanced drink.
How Strong Is a Passion Cocktail?
Since a tall shot of tequila is split between two glasses and Grand Marnier is added by the splash, the passion cocktail is a surprisingly light drink. It will shake up to around 12 percent ABV (24 proof), which is nearly half the strength of the weakest cosmo.