|Nutrition Facts (per serving)|
|Amount per serving|
|% Daily Value*|
|Total Fat 0g||0%|
|Saturated Fat 0g||0%|
|Total Carbohydrate 6g||2%|
|Dietary Fiber 1g||3%|
|Total Sugars 4g|
|Vitamin C 10mg||50%|
|*The % Daily Value (DV) tells you how much a nutrient in a food serving contributes to a daily diet. 2,000 calories a day is used for general nutrition advice.|
Passion fruit vodka offers many fascinating cocktail possibilities, and the passion pearl is a fun recipe to use it in. It offers a taste that's a little different from the average fruity vodka martini and is a delight to drink on warm summer evenings.
In the passion pearl, the vodka is paired with light rum, a match that works surprisingly well. The triple sec and lemon juice accents transform it into a sour drink that has just a hint of sweetness for balance. Enjoy this one on its own or with your favorite barbecue dishes for a memorable backyard dinner.
1 1/2 ounces light rum
1 1/2 ounces passion fruit vodka
1/2 ounce triple sec
1/2 ounce lemon juice
2 dashes aromatic bitters
Lemon twist, for garnish
Gather the ingredients.
In a cocktail shaker, pour the rum, vodka, triple sec, lemon juice, and bitters. Fill with ice.
Garnish with a lemon twist. Serve and enjoy.
- There are a few companies that produce passion fruit vodka, including SKYY, Smirnoff, and Three Olives. It is becoming somewhat easier to find.
- Otherwise, you can do your own vodka infusion. Combine the flesh off of three or four passion fruits (seeds are okay) with a 750 ml bottle of vodka in an infusion jar. Let it infuse for about three days. Check the flavor after the second day, then every day after until it reaches your desired flavor. Strain through a fine mesh strainer to remove the passion fruit and bottle under a tight seal.
- A clean-tasting, smooth light rum will work best in this cocktail.
- Try to choose a high-end triple sec such as Cointreau. An orange curaçao is a good option as well.
- Fresh-squeezed lemon juice will finish the cocktail off perfectly. The average lemon yields 1 3/4 ounces of juice, more than enough for three drinks.
- If you like, serve this cocktail over ice in an old-fashioned glass.
- While Angostura Aromatic Bitters is recommended, try the passion pearl with other flavors. Orange bitters are a great choice, and celery, grapefruit, and lavender bitters can add an interesting accent as well.
- This same recipe can work well for other flavored vodkas. Try it with berry, grapefruit, melon, or pear vodka.
- Flavor-infused rum is not out of the question either. Adding it to the passion fruit vodka will make the drink multi-dimensional. Lemon, peach, and mango rums are all excellent options.