Pasta is combined with ground pork and shiitake mushrooms and seasoned with Chinese rice vinegar, dark soy sauce and chili pepper flakes in this simple stir-fry dish. Balsamic vinegar can be used as a substitute for the black rice vinegar.
- 1 pound linguine or long pasta, as you wish
- Pinch salt
- 1 tablespoon vegetable oil (or peanut oil for frying, or as needed)
- Garnish: fresh shallots, as desired
- 1 pound minced pork
- Dark soy sauce, to taste
- 10 - 15 caps Shiitake mushrooms (cut julienne)
- Chinese black rice vinegar, to taste
- 1 - 2 tablespoons chicken broth (or water)
- 1 tablepoon EVOO or other olive oil
- 1 tablespoon red chilli pepper flakes
- 3 cloves garlic (finely minced)
- Bring a large pot of water to boil, add pasta and a large pinch of salt, return to boil and cook.
- Meanwhile, heat the oil over medium heat in a large frying pan. Fry the shallots until they are light brown.
- Remove shallots from the pan, leaving oil in the pan.
- Add minced meat, fry for 3-4 mins, add dark soy sauce, stirring and breaking up the meat until it is browned and fragrant.
- Add the shitake mushrooms, lightly fry for 1-2 minutes.
- Add the vinegar. If the mixture looks dry, add a small amount of chicken broth or water.
- When cooked, transfer to a bowl
- Add EVOO, chilli and garlic to another pan, lightly fry for 1-2 minutes.
- When the pasta is cooked, drain well and pour into the frying pan containing the EVOO, chilli pepper flakes and garlic.
- Add portions of meat, mushroom, some vinegar, salt and pepper, and toss well.
- When serving, garnish with shallots and top with remaining portions of meat and mushroom.
|Nutritional Guidelines (per serving)|
|Total Fat||76 g|
|Saturated Fat||14 g|
|Unsaturated Fat||49 g|
|Dietary Fiber||13 g|