Pasta is combined with ground pork and shiitake mushrooms and seasoned with Chinese rice vinegar, dark soy sauce and chili pepper flakes in this simple stir-fry dish. Balsamic vinegar can be used as a substitute for the black rice vinegar.
- 1 pound linguine or long pasta, as you wish
- Pinch salt
- 1 tablespoon vegetable oil (or peanut oil for frying, or as needed)
- Garnish: fresh shallots, as desired
- 1 pound minced pork
- Dark soy sauce, to taste
- 10 - 15 caps Shiitake mushrooms (cut julienne)
- Chinese black rice vinegar, to taste
- 1 - 2 tablespoons chicken broth (or water)
- 1 tablepoon EVOO or other olive oil
- 1 tablespoon red chilli pepper flakes
- 3 cloves garlic (finely minced)
Gather the ingredients.
Bring a large pot of water to boil, add pasta and a large pinch of salt, return to boil and cook.
Meanwhile, heat the oil over medium heat in a large frying pan. Fry the shallots until they are light brown.
Remove shallots from the pan, leaving oil in the pan.
Add minced meat, fry for 3-4 mins, add dark soy sauce, stirring and breaking up the meat until it is browned and fragrant.
Add the shitake mushrooms, lightly fry for 1-2 minutes.
Add the vinegar. If the mixture looks dry, add a small amount of chicken broth or water.
When cooked, transfer to a bowl
Add EVOO, chilli and garlic to another pan, lightly fry for 1-2 minutes.
When the pasta is cooked, drain well and pour into the frying pan containing the EVOO, chilli pepper flakes and garlic.
Add portions of meat, mushroom, some vinegar, salt and pepper, and toss well.
When serving, garnish with shallots and top with remaining portions of meat and mushroom.