This simple dish is rich with the flavor of capers, black olives, garlic, and pine nuts. This is a fast and easy meal to make or use it as a side dish.
- 3 tablespoons butter
- 3 ounces olive oil
- 3 cloves garlic (minced)
- 3 ounces pine nuts
- 15 ounces California black olives (sliced)
- 3 tablespoons capers (rinsed and minced)
- 1 Tablespoon basil (cut into chiffonade)
- 1 teaspoon oregano (minced)
- 1 teaspoon flat parsley (minced)
- 1 pound pasta (any shape)
- Salt, to taste
- Ground black pepper, to taste
- 2 ounces Parmesan cheese (grated)
- Combine the butter with the olive oil and heat over medium heat in a large saute pan.
- Add the garlic and pine nuts, reduce the heat to low, and continue to cook until the nuts are just beginning to turn golden in color.
- Add the olives, capers, basil, oregano, parsley, salt, and pepper. Toss until the products are incorporated and heated thoroughly.
- Cook the pasta in a large sauce pot of boiling salted water until al dente. Drain well. Toss the drained pasta with the nut-olive mixture over medium heat until the products are incorporated and heated thoroughly. Season to taste with salt and black pepper.
- Sprinkle each portion with grated Parmesan cheese.
Recipe Source: by The Art Institutes (John Wiley & Sons)
Reprinted with permission.
|Nutritional Guidelines (per serving)|
|Total Fat||41 g|
|Saturated Fat||9 g|
|Unsaturated Fat||21 g|
|Dietary Fiber||6 g|