Shrimp and bay scallops get together in this delicious seafood pasta recipe. The seafood, along with sauteed mushrooms, cream, and Parmesan cheese make this a rich, delicious pasta dish. Fix the dish for a family meal or make it for a dinner party. It's easily divided for a more intimate dinner for two.
You can make this with all shrimp if you like, or add chunks of fish, lobster, or crabmeat to the seafood mixture. The recipe calls for rotini but any similar pasta may be used. It would be excellent with spaghetti or linguine as well.
Enjoy this tasty pasta meal any night of the week with a tossed salad or fresh sliced tomatoes and garlic bread.
Serve the pasta in wide, shallow bowls with tossed salad on the side and crusty French or Italian bread.
Tips and Variations:
- Replace the shrimp or scallops with some lobster or chunks of firm white fish, or use sea scallops (horizontally sliced or quartered) instead of the bay scallops.
- Replace the rotini with another pasta shape. Fusilli, gemelli, radiatori, farfalle, penne, macaroni, or cavatelli are all good shapes to use in this recipe.
- Lighten the recipe up a bit with half-and-half or light cream instead of heavy cream.
- A dash of nutmeg adds flavor to seafood cream sauce.
- For a more pronounced garlic flavor, add 1 medium clove of pressed garlic along with the scallops and shrimp.
You Might Also Like:
- 6 tablespoons butter
- 1 small garlic clove (cut in half)
- 16 ounces fresh sliced mushrooms
- 2 pounds cleaned bay scallops
- 1 pound shrimp (peeled, cleaned and deveined)
- 1 box (16 ounces) rotini
- 1 1/2 cups whipping cream
- 3/4 cup grated Parmesan cheese
- Dash kosher salt (or to taste)
- Dash freshly ground black pepper (or to taste)
- Melt the butter in a large skillet or saute pan over medium heat. Add the halved garlic clove. Add the sliced mushrooms and cook until they are tender and lightly browned. Remove garlic pieces.
- Add the bay scallops and shrimp to the sauteed mushrooms and continue cooking, stirring frequently, for about 6 minutes, or until the shrimp is pink and opaque.
- In a large pot, cook the pasta in boiling salted water following the package directions. Drain and return to the cooking pot.
- Add cream and Parmesan cheese to the pasta and toss well.
- Add the mushroom and seafood mixture to the pasta along with the pan juices. Toss to combine the ingredients and then season with salt and freshly ground black pepper to taste.
- Serve garnished with chopped fresh parsley.
|Nutritional Guidelines (per serving)|
|Total Fat||19 g|
|Saturated Fat||12 g|
|Unsaturated Fat||5 g|
|Dietary Fiber||3 g|