If you are interested in turning corned beef into pastrami then this is the rub for you. Make sure it is rubbed into the meat really well before you place the beef into the smoker.
- 1/4 cup (60 mL) kosher salt
- 1/4 cup (60 mL) paprika
- 3 tablespoons (45 mL) coriander seeds
- 3 tablespoons (45 mL) brown sugar
- 2 tablespoons (30 mL) black peppercorns
- 2 tablespoons (30 mL) yellow mustard seeds
- 1 tablespoon (15 mL) white peppercorns
- 8 cloves garlic, minced
1. Combine coriander seeds, peppercorns and mustard seeds in a spice grinder. Grind coarsely.
2. Add in remaining ingredients and mix well.
Rub is now ready to use. It may be stored, refrigerated in an airtight container.
Get step-by-step instructions for making pastrami.
|Nutritional Guidelines (per serving)|
|Total Fat||1 g|
|Saturated Fat||0 g|
|Unsaturated Fat||0 g|
|Dietary Fiber||2 g|