Although the pineapple tequila cocktail recipe is unbelievably simple to make, it results in a spectacular drink. This cocktail shows off the magical combination of its two named ingredients and marries them wonderfully with the help of a few common bar ingredients.
This drink recipe is courtesy of Patrón Tequila, and it is a very nice tequila to mix with fruit. The orange liqueur and lime juice are included for balance, and the lime wedge and pineapple ring make for a pretty finishing touch.
- 1 ounce blanco tequila
- 1/4 ounce orange liqueur
- 4 ounces pineapple juice
- 1 lime wedge
- Garnish: 1/2 pineapple ring
Gather the ingredients.
In a highball or old-fashioned glass filled with ice, pour the tequila and orange liqueur.
Pour in the pineapple juice.
Finish with a squeeze of a lime wedge and a piece of pineapple, if using.
Serve and enjoy.
- Blanco (or silver) tequilas are often best with pineapple, especially in very transparent drinks like this. If you're going to stray from Patrón, find a blanco tequila of equal or higher quality (there are many options).
- This recipe was written to feature the liquors of The Patrón Spirits Company, including the recommendation of Citrónge. It is a great option among orange liqueurs, but feel free to switch to your favorite.
- Pineapple juice often comes in cans, and it's nearly impossible to keep fresh. Small cans allow you to pour just one or two drinks at a time, so they're perfect for casual home use. Alternatively, transfer large cans of pineapple juice to small jars.
- Juicing fresh pineapple is easy with an electric juicer, yielding about 6 ounces per pound of fruit. If you don't have one, blend or muddle chunks of pineapple, then strain it; 1 cup of pineapple produces about 2 ounces of juice.
The pairing of pineapple and tequila is a perfect foundation for adding more layers of flavor. Experience it for yourself with one of these great recipes:
- Cinco Herradura: White cranberry comes into play here, and the lemon-lime soda is a nice twist.
- Coco Margarita: It's a piña colada mixed up margarita style.
- Envy Cocktail: Simple, classy, and blue-green in color, this one's a very fun drink at parties.
- Hawaiian Margarita: This blended beverage mixes strawberries and pineapple for a summertime delight.
- Pineapple Chili Margarita: Tabasco gives a kick to this spicy drink.
- Tamarind-Pineapple Margarita: The combination of pineapple and tamarind may make one of the best margaritas you've tasted.
How Strong Is the Pineapple Tequila?
The alcohol content of the pineapple tequila depends on the glass size and how much pineapple juice you add. With two 80-proof spirits and a 4-ounce pour of pineapple, the drink's about 9 percent ABV (18 proof). It's a minor shift with more or less pineapple, but the strength will always fall between beer and wine.