|Nutritional Guidelines (per serving)|
|Amount per serving|
|% Daily Value*|
|Total Fat 0g||1%|
|Saturated Fat 0g||1%|
|Total Carbohydrate 29g||11%|
|Dietary Fiber 0g||1%|
|Total Sugars 27g|
|Vitamin C 5mg||24%|
|*The % Daily Value (DV) tells you how much a nutrient in a food serving contributes to a daily diet. 2,000 calories a day is used for general nutrition advice.|
Simple, quick, and a quality drink for a tight budget, the Patrón pomegranate is best described as a simplified pomegranate margarita. It's quick to mix up—no shaking or blending required—and has a sweet, fruity taste that everyone's sure to love.
The recipe from Patrón Tequila is beautiful in its simplicity, and it requires just four ingredients that are easy to find. Since there are no fancy mixers to buy, you'll end up saving a little money, which can be put towards a quality tequila.
1 1/2 ounces blanco tequila
1/2 ounce orange liqueur
3 to 5 ounces pomegranate juice, to taste
1 splash freshly squeezed lime juice
Gather the ingredients.
In an old-fashioned glass filled with ice, pour the tequila and orange liqueur.
Fill with pomegranate juice.
Finish with a squeeze of lime juice.
Serve and enjoy.
- Ideally, fresh pomegranate juice would be best for this cocktail. However, the pomegranate is not the easiest fruit to get juice from—you need to mash the arils (seeds) then strain out the juice—it's not difficult, just somewhat tedious. Plus, it's a winter fruit with a relatively short season.
- The next best thing is to choose a quality bottled pomegranate juice. There are many options available that will let you enjoy the Patrón pomegranate year-round.
- The original recipe recommends Patrón Citrónge. You can substitute it with another clear-colored orange liqueur; triple sec and orange curaçao are excellent choices.
- Though the Patrón recipe recommends the brand's silver tequila, it is just as tasty with reposado tequila. That little bit of aging can add a nice depth to this simple drink.
- The recipe is also an easy one to transform into a big-batch cocktail so you can quench the thirsts of any number of guests. Simply increase the pours of each ingredient for the number of servings you need, pour it all into a pitcher with ice, and serve.
How Strong Is a Patrón Pomegranate?
The actual strength of your Patrón pomegranate cocktail is going to depend on how much juice you pour to fill the glass. At the recommended volume in the recipe, this drink comes out with an alcohol content right around 12 percent ABV (24 proof). It's light and refreshing and equivalent to drinking a glass of the average wine.
- A cocktail called the pom padre (created by Ryan Kelley, the "Tequila Examiner") takes the tequila-pomegranate cocktail to a new level by adding extra flavors. The recipe uses 2 ounces of a blanco tequila, 1/2 ounce each of Bénédictine and Pama liqueurs, 1/4 ounce of Patrón Citrónge, and 1 ounce each of cranberry and pineapple juices. Shake it and serve the drink up in a cocktail glass.
- Pomegranate is not the only fruit juice worthy of a simple tequila cocktail. You can also try the Patrón pineapple; grapefruit juice works well, too.